Strep-A (Scarlet Fever) Test Introduction
- The Strep A test enables the identification of group A streptococcus which causes throat infections
- The test helps to differentiate the throat infection caused by group A streptococcus or any other bacteria/virus.
- The test kit specifically identifies presence of Streptococcus pyogenes which causes
Infections Such as
- Scarlet fever
- Respiratory infection
- Puerperal sepsis
How it works?
- The collected samples will undergo lateral flow test to detect the presence of the Lancefield group A antigen.
The results will report as positive, negative or invalid with 30 minutes after sample collected in the laboratory.
- The Strep A tests are accessible to all the customer regardless of age group.
Bulk kits of strep A tests are also available according to the needs of private /public sectors or community.
- Place the order through website.
- Collect the kit from direct medical centre/ Collection Centre/ through post.
- Take the throat specimen using the sterile swab provided in the kit.
- Send the Kit by Post/ in presson at our Slough Clinic/ collection centres.
- Medical Centre – Rapid in 30min
Collection Centre – same Day
(same day of sample collection)
By Post – Same day
(the day sample received by the Laboratory)